We’re seeking a full-time, experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our team at our home office in San Diego, CA. In this role, you’ll be responsible for day to day financial analysis for development and existing projects including collaboration on analysis and reporting by analysts and interns. The Analysis Group is responsible for supporting the company’s Acquisition, Development, Asset Management and Accounting groups with financial analysis, investor reporting, market research, strategic initiatives and analytical tools. Below are some of the key responsibilities.
- Spearhead communication of results of analysis, project updates to project team members, EC members, equity investors and other financial partners Works with Director, Financial Analysis to support Analysis Group’s larger goals including practices and procedures and analysis tools, monthly meetings and strategic initiatives
- Provide detailed financial analysis and recommendations to project teams including existing development, asset management and new business as necessary
- Some oversight of Analysts and Interns as necessary and as relates to particular projects
- Interface with financial partners including equity partners and banks to provide analysis, answer questions and give periodic project updates as part of a particular development group
- Regular review and discussion with team members of work in progress including focus on accuracy, consistency, and delivery of work product before or on deadline
- Prepare investment memorandums and communicate recommendations and details of analytical process relative to new and existing opportunities
- Provide input in building and refining analytical tools, excel models, and systems as group seeks to find new, more effective and more efficient ways to serve the organization
- Participate in market tours and property tours / inspections
- Work to increase the level of education, expertise and learning held by the Analysis Group
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred including MSRE, CFA, CCIM, CAIA, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance and/or real estate industry. Experience within a real estate/market research department for multi-family residential, retail, office and other commercial real estate is preferred
- Strong background in real estate & real estate financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Must be data oriented and have proven ability to interpret and synthesize data, making recommendations to drive business decisions
- Critical thinker; exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have great attention to detail and work well under pressure
- Must be comfortable with presenting to senior management and working in cross-functional teams; has proven ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities and experience with ARGUS and MRI
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with a positive approach
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Proven track record to drive and implement strategic initiatives
- High sense of urgency and ability to work independently
- Must adapt well to change and demonstrate the ability to develop and implement process/system improvements
- Ability to pass criminal background check along with employment and education verification
To Make Special Places Happen, it starts here at hOMe.
- We are thinkers, doers and problem solvers who live in the solution, not in the problem.
- We show gratitude.
- We believe that when you give some of you away, you get back five fold.
- We look for our similarities, celebrate our individuality and are not afraid to show our vulnerability because that is how we grow.
- We go through our days with our eyes up and hearts open, seeking to engage and inspire.
- At OM, we understand that dreaming can be a very productive place to be.
Are you our next team member? If you are interested in becoming part of the OM Team, please submit your resume for consideration. We look forward to connecting with you!
OliverMcMillan, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.