We're seeking an experienced Real Estate Project Manager with a heavy background focused in budgeting, finance and accounting to join our Nashville Team in creating our destination 5th & Broadway (Nashville, TN). This role is responsible for day-to-day financial budgeting, analysis and accounting functions of the Project; collaborates regularly with Corporate groups, financial partners, vendors and other key project partners to manage the complex and multifaceted project budget, prepare draws, perform cost analysis, create project proformas and reports, review and coordinate contracts, and perform other duties as assigned. Below are some key areas of responsibility.
- Prepares, maintains and manages all budgeting and accounting reports and files (daily, weekly, monthly and/or quarterly - as appropriate to the specific project) summarizing project progress and issues.
- Reviews and discusses with team members of work in progress including focus on accuracy, consistency, and delivery of work product before or on deadlines.
- Interfaces with project team members, EC members, equity investors and other financial partners to answer questions and provide project status update reports, draws, loan document requirements, design/construction status updates and agreements.
- Interfaces with Lenders as required including project status reports, draws, loan document requirements.
- Reviews and approves project invoices/bills.
- Works with Corporate Accounting to prepare and gather supporting information for monthly accounting draws.
- Generate scope documents as a basis for consultant proposals.
- Negotiates, Coordinates and contracts for architectural, engineering and other services appropriate to the individual project requirements.
- Coordinates the project design, construction budget, building utility fees and other project costs.
- Prepares financial projections and budgets for approval of Senior Management Team.
- Works with team on larger goals including practices and procedures and analysis tools, monthly meetings and strategic initiatives.
- Approves change orders for multiple contracts associated with the project including construction and consultant agreements, and forwards to the Development Director for final approval.
- Ensures that the as built drawings are completed for each project and properly put into Company records.
- Provides input in building and refining analytical tools, excel models, and systems.
- Supports team with public financing components of the project including TIF, grants, budget detail & other public/private financing and development agreements.
- Assists team with tenant coordination efforts as required for both retail and office components, including update reports, ongoing communication with leasing, lease extractions/requirements, tenant allowances, schedules and required permitting.
- Assists with contractor selection including sending out and evaluating responses to RFPs, negotiation of fees and contracts with selected contractors, and review of contractor qualifications and insurance requirements all for recommendation of final approval by Senior Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of budgeting/finance/accounting experience in ground-up real estate development and construction (ability to read plans).
- Experience with mixed-use, multi-family residential, retail, office and other commercial real estate is preferred.
- Exceptional budgeting and accounting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and handle complex projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines in an urgent, fast-paced environment.
- Must be data oriented and have proven ability to interpret and synthesize data, making recommendations to drive business decisions.
- Must be comfortable with presenting to senior management and working in cross-functional teams; has proven ability to influence across the organization at multiple levels.
- Experience working with institutional equity partners preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinker; exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Experience with ARGUS and MRI, or similar software, preferred.
- High sense of urgency and ability to work independently; must adapt well to change.
- Ability to pass criminal background check; employment and education verification
To Make Special Places Happen, it starts here at hOMe.
We are thinkers, doers and problem solvers who live in the solution, not in the problem.
We show gratitude.
We believe that when you give some of you away, you get back five fold.